Select Page

White sr5 4Runner

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS White sr5 4Runner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Benlamers
    Participant

Hello everyone. This is my 2014 sr5 4Runner along side of my 2010 Tacoma which I sold. I first put my Tacoma wheels/tires onto my 4Runner.

I then chose the desired lift for my 4Runner.

lift- bilstien 6112/5160, toytec 1/4” top plates, toytec diff/sway bar drop, ome 2 inch rear coils, spc upper control arms

After the lift I decided I no longer enjoyed the 20 inch wheels and decided to get out the Dremel and make a change

Old wheels – 20×9 ion alloy 135, 275/55 r20 duratracs

New wheels/tires – 285/70r17 toyo open country, 17×8.5 method race wheels

Now that I have finished the lift and wheels/tires I am on to the odds and ends. Here are some accessories I have added and a list of items on order(will try to add photos once items arrive.)

other accessories- Cali raised led fog lights, Cali raised ditch lights

Items on order – trd pro grille, avs bug deflector, black roof rack caps, more to come

thanks!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Welcome to TNTT, pumped for a new build on here. Good call on the wheel and tire change up, the Methods look rad!

Love fifth gens, especially in white. Good call on the lift do you find the ride quality has improved at all or no?

Benlamers
    Participant

Thanks! I am happy how the lift preforms! Really eliminates the fifth Gen nose dive and really helped to soak up the body role. It performs pretty good and articulates well. The spc upper arms really helped keep everything aligned. I had the 5100s on my old Tacoma and find the ride quality a little better with the 6112/5160. I had a bit of free cash and wanted to do something different but if you were on a budget though I’d go with the 5100s. As far as the wheels I am happy with the bronze. It’s a nice change from just black and white

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice work indeed!

Is this the same Tacoma is on Hamilton Kijiji?  I’ve had my eye on this one:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1403093792&requestSource=b.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Answered my own question…  different front bumper, wheels, grille and hood, etc……

Benlamers
    Participant

Funny you ask but I actually bought my Toyota grille for my tacoma from him. Really nice guy! He had done a lot of work on that truck and has a new frame from the recall. I sold mine awhile back to a local kid for his first vehicle.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey @Benjamers, awesome looking 5th gen!  Looks like you’ve got a solid jump on tweakin’ that 4Runner to suit your needs.

I also met Josh selling that Taco @Slick posted. I bought a softtopper off him a few weeks before his truck went in for frame recall. Small world.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Really is a small world in Toyotaland, everyone knows everyone or knows someone who does.

So is this thing more of a driver, or do you take it camping and in the dirt?

Benlamers
    Participant

This is just my all around vehicle so had to set it up in a way it would be comfortable for a commute. Other than that mostly just trail rides and camp. The misses has a jk with 33s so we just keep it mostly to trails. Used to have mud trucks so not a huge fan of mud anymore and bought a quad for that. Just gets the undercarriage to annoying to work on and eats away components a lot faster. I’m just building this to get me where I want to go and not have a hard time getting there

Krezz

Great lookin’ thread!

Benlamers
    Participant

Thanks man. I will try to keep it updated as it progresses!

Benlamers
    Participant

UPDATE: Trd Pro front grille from group buy on Toyota 4Runner Canada group on fb. 99 dollars usd comes with grille insert and upper grille. All in with shipping was about 200 cnd 

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Sweet deal.  Really sets your rig apart from the others!

Benlamers
    Participant

So the mail man showed up today and dropped me off a couple more visual pieces.

Bug deflector- avs med hight

black roof rack caps

Benlamers
    Participant

Finally got a good amount of snow for a trail ride 🤘🏻

4runner has to lead the trail for my old lady in the Jeep. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024