Select Page

Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 364 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Last night in The Shop, I fabbed up a new eccentric washer for Prestons snow blower. While walking it back around his house, one of the tracks started to come off, so he shut’r down and “dragged the effer home”.
    I simply traced one of the washers that hadnt rattled loose on scrap metal, and reinstalled with a new bolt and lock washer.
    Good to go!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Yesterday, OUT of the shop came my DR600 for a very windy ride to work. I could bave car pooled with James, but I missed out on Tuesdays golden opportunity to ride and didnt want to wait another week to start riding.
    The wind guards I installed over winter were pretty effective, and the ammo box even moreso because it allowed me to ditch the backpack and store my coleman 6-pack lunchbox inside.

Last week on a walk around the block, while passing by Prestons house I found the cam wheel for tensioning the track of his snowblower on the edge of the sidewalk. So I’ll replace my homemade cam sometime before next winter.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Went riding around the back roads Friday afternoon and passed by a country estate with a freebie at the curb. An older 3-in-1 wood chipper, mulcher, leaf shredder.

Luckily for us it was still there an hour later when Matt doubled back with the 4Runner after dropping off his bike at home.

Plan to get this running and sell it for beer money. OR if it’s pooched, turn its scrap metal value into beer money.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Sweet find, hope it works

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I tried to pull it over this morning, it rolled about 1/16 of a revolution and hard hit and stopped. Guessing something stuck in the shredding teeth. Plan to pull the spark plug and free it up before I even look to clean the carb.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

In about an hour last night I got the stuck branch cleared, the tires re-set on the rims (which was by far THE HARDEST PART), the carb cleaned and reinstalled, and fresh oil. The motor fired over on Karb Kleaner, so that was promising. Hoping to pick up a new spark plug and air filter locally tonight after work so I can finish up this little project and Matt can get it sold. So far $0 spent and running.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Picked up a new toy for the kids on the weekend, 1997 Suzuki LT80 atv. Pretty decent shape, a little dirty, and of course “ran when parked” 5 years ago. I got it cheap, pretty confident I could make money on it as-is tomorrow if I wanted.

I ordered a carb kit, battery, air filter and spark plug to get the ball rolling.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Grabbed a spark plug for the chipper yesterday, and ordered an air filter to be picked up today.

The chipper starts quick and will idle for a minute or two, but the idle speed is all over the place and it won’t come off choke at all. Figure my half-assed carb clean wasn’t good enough and there’s still an obstruction somewhere. I’ll have to pull the carb off and clean it properly.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The chipper lives! Re-cleaned the carb last night and she fired up first pull today. Even chipped some random branches in the yard. Matt has made an ad and got it posted on kijiji already. Here’s to beer money!
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-lawnmower-leaf-blower/oakville-halton-region/mtd-wood-chipper-8-hp-great-condition/1615106582

Got Sam’s summer tires swapped over on the caravan, even had a helper run the impact gun for me.

I also pulled the cap off the Taco, much to the delight of the kids. Climbing up in the bed is one of their favourite spring/summer activities haha.

LT80 parts have finished processing and should be on their way as per fortnine’s email this morning. Matt has offered to shine up the plastics while I’m tuning up the motor next week.

Busy day already, nearly beer-o-clock.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Sold sold sold to the man with the handy trailer said Matt. Got a good split on the chipper, put almost $200 in my pocket!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The shop has been slow lately, free time has been dedicated to home renos last couple weekends. I did however squeeze in a repair to my pressure washer. The swivel joint for the hose real broke, so I set about removing it. I cut out the defective joints, barbed the male end, and added a 5/16” cable clamp securing the original pressure tube inside the pressure hose.

I also got $67 in scrap metal this week, and obtained the signed ownership for the brown donor truck. Figure it may put $500-600 in my hand when I scrap it, few more weeks at least. Tried to buy a 2T engine hoist on kijiji, but it sold this morning. Sam says she’ll check facepalm marketplace for me.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Got myself an engine hoist yesterday, Mastercraft 2-Ton unit for $200 off kijiji, Practically brand new. Now I’m one big step closer to yanking that donor motor.

I told James he can have 2 weeks (starting Friday) in the shop to install his lift and skids, after that the donor is gonna get a motorectomy, and be on her way to the crusher.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

This weekend (and next) in The Shop, James has the FJ on axle stands, installing his lift kit and skids. James made good progress yesterday completing the rear lift, with exception to a spacer bracket for an ABS harness he has to fabricate. The new parts look wicked now they’re outta the box and on his truck! This beast should ride REALLY well when it’s done.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Completely unrelated, but the clutch had been slipping on the DR600S the last couple rides, so I’ve ordered OEM replacement friction plates on ebay from Canadian sellers to arrive within 2 weeks, a replacement side cover gasket from UK, and will buy new steel plates from my local dealership (best price), and springs from Fortnine. I’m not sure I need the steel plates and springs, but the bike is also 33-years old, so it prolly wouldnt hurt to replace with all the all other new parts going in. Less than $200 in clutch parts overall.
    Got 5.2L/100km (45mpg) on my last tank of commuting. Not too bad, right what the internet had me expect when I was researching this bike.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Would you ask James where he got all his parts from? Total chaos uppers and who’s coilovers? They look like toytec maybe. Looks great, gonna be awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 364 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024