Select Page

08fjttse Build

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS 08fjttse Build

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Kev the FJ is gonna ride better than ever up at Ardbeg with those new icons you got.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Never got to fully air it out but so far so good. They soak up the washboard roads like ninety. Wish I’d felt more up to further testing it in Ardbeg but was just in the cards this time around. There’s always next year!!!!!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Well I pulled the plug and forked out for some new skins, Falken Wildpeak AT 3W 285/75 R16, 90,000 km tread wear warranty.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

While getting the tyres installed the installer noticed that I had an upper control arm ball joint that had a huge amount of play, yup it’s pouched and at a point where it good be a driving hazard. So, after a lot of searching the interwebs I located a pair of SPC 25480 ( part# 25002 ) replacements for a really good price. Took 2 weeks to get them but they arrived today and I’ll replace both next weekend. I had one of them replaced under warranty about 12 years ago, so the other lasted about 14+ years, not to bad. The first ones were sealed and these newer ones are greaseable!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by FJTTSE.
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Had a nasty rattle and rumble coming from the OEM exhaust. Well the tailpipe had separated from the muffler and the muffler itself had about 3 holes through it. I’m not to concerned with tone or performance per say so I decided to just get a Walker Quiet-Flow Stainless Steel Kit from Rock Auto. The kit contained all new gaskets, rubber hangers and tailpipe for $580.00 all in delivered. Installed it 2 weeks ago and so far I’m happy with the results. Lets hope it lasts as long as the OEM one!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Well the Fox shocks on the rear weren’t doing the trick with the new springs, so out with old and in with the new!

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 07-UP FJ/03-UP 4RNR/03-UP GX 1-3″ REAR 2.5 VS RR

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by FJTTSE.
    Attachments:
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Here’s the comparison between the two!

Attachments:
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

The finished result!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

With the rear lifted there is a noticeable difference in the ride handling as the Panhard/track bar has now been altered from factory spec. The right side rear is about 2 inches higher as you can see by the pic.

Attachments:
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

The best solution I could find is the Dr. KDSS BOTCK kit.

Attachments:
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Not a great pic but here it is installed!

dave
    Participant

Top shelf job Kev! Looks like the panhard solution did the trick. Even in the dark, the corrected stance was noticeable as you pulled away. Those Icons are slick. Good for another !5 years. I was going to say that hopefully you got out on Sunday for a country drive shakedown, but those back roads were a bit sloppy. After you get the skids done, the only thing you might need to deal with till retirement are brakes!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Thanks Dave and the use of the garage. Much improvement over the Fox shocks as well as the recentering of the rear axle. Will have a look at other parts(lower control arms, lower trailing arms, upper trailing arms and perhaps a new panhard bar). Lets see how the funds are first, LOL

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Weren’t those rear Fox’s put in this past summer before Ardbeg? Or had you only done the front by then?

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Put the Fox rears on about 3 years ago and the front Icons on in July this year. There’s lots of life left on the Fox shocks, so it looks like Dave has a new to him set of shocks for his 4Runner, LOL It’s just that when I put on the Icon overland rear springs to compensate for the added weight in the back of the truck, the Fox shocks valving wasn’t quite right to the point that they were not even damping, just not an ideal combo. Was going to put on just the regular 2.5 icons but they had a deal of 20% off so I just decided to go with the remote resi’s. So 2.5s front and back are a more balanced combo! Gonna be a blast getting to my favorite fishing hole on washboard logging roads. LMAO

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024