Select Page

08fjttse Build

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS 08fjttse Build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Thought it was about time to launch my build thread(about time eh). Well the truck started out as an 08 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition which was the fully loaded FJC offered by Toyota that year. Ordered her in January and she arrived in May of 2008,yes I call it a woman because she’s been the best ride I’ve owned bar none. After about 6 months of ownership I decided it was time to mod her.Anyways,this is how she looked in the beginning.

08 FJC TTSE

The first step was deciding which lift to put on her and after much research and deliberation a 3″in Toytec Ultimate adjustable coil over kit was the way to go and just to add to the mod bug an ARB bumper with Titan 12,000lb winch and Light Racing upper control arms.

While the grill was off it made sense to add a little transmission protection so in went a tranny cooler.

Thanks to Ryan(4307) for all his help with what turned into a 2 day marathon,she was all done and ready to get dirty. For now!

Next up,The Scuba mod as it’s sometimes referred to or diff breather relocate. In my case I filtered the hose from the rear diff up into the jack storage compartment above the wheel-well and attached this nifty air filter.A peace of mind mod if you are ever in a situation where deep water is a must to go through.

Just on a whim I dropped into the local Line-X dealer and asked him to give me a quote on doing the truck. Well I got a sweet deal and there was no way I was going to refuse. I’ll let the pics do the talking.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by FJTTSE.
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

As luck would have it,a lady in a Mini Cooper decided she wanted to apply some cosmetic surgery to my rear end and of course it didn’t work out to well for her,LOL.

I didn’t fair quite so badly but it was a blessing in disguise. On with a new Warn rear bumper compliments of insurance and some help from Sontt members,Dave in particular.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by FJTTSE.
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

On hold

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

The Toytec Ultimate came with Pro Comp rears,as luck would have it one of them sprang a leak. Contacted Toytec and they were still under warranty so I decided to up grade with a credit that was offered,in goes the the Biltstein 2125 which allowed for an extra 2″ of drop. 

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

For comparison.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Also added some extended braided brake lines.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Time for a snorkle,cause you never know when it’ll come in handy.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Next up CB antenna.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Antenna installed.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

A little bit of added protection for the lower control arms.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

In for a penny,in for a pound. Budbuilt skids!!!!!!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024