Select Page

08fjttse Build

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS 08fjttse Build

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Front passenger CV boot was cracked and needed replace the CV axle.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

This the coil spring that had cracked sometime ago.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

2 Airflow sensors and 2 O2 sensors were replaced, needless to say my gas mileage has improved. At around $500.00 though it wasn’t cheap, on the other hand no more Christmas tree lights. Did some grinding and repainted the rear bumper. Gas tank straps had rusted and the tank had dropped about an inch so they were rust painted and installed. Wire brushed everything from the gas tank back and rust painted(looks almost new), next year from the gas tank to the front will get the same treatment. Rear skid plates are off now and in the next few weeks I’ll grind the rust off and repaint. New plugs and serpentine belt, Amsoil oil change soon but no big deal there, Cabin air filter replaced and K&N air filter washed and re-oiled. Picked some OEM coolant a while back and will do a flush soon. Hasn’t been cheap but she’s solid as a rock now and good for many more wheeling adventures.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice job Kevin!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s a good chunk of work Kev! Bet the FJ cruises much smoother and further with the refresh work you’ve done.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

It definitely was Tom but in the long run most of these parts would have had to be replaced, so getting a little ahead of the game never hurts. The other parts were pretty much toast. Overall she’s in much better shape now and I’ll replace a few more parts that are nearing their end of life. The price of vehicle ownership, LOL

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well deserved revamp for the old girl!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

For sure Steve, she’s been a reliable trouble free truck since new but hey it’s a Yoda, right, lol

Puppypappa
    Participant

Hi Kev,

Pup

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Well I avoided looking to close at the truck this winter knowing it would only cause grief, LOL Well I avoided the grief but not the pain of having to replace ‘some’ parts that were long over due. Such as…

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

The end result! With heavy duty CVs

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Well it doesn’t end there of course. In for a penny, in for a pound as they say. The Toytecs have been on for 14 and a half years now and were long in the tooth. So….

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Of course I ordered rear springs as well because I’d thrown on a spacer to alleviate some of the sag I had in the back end and while in there I noticed my brakes were so bad they should be on my wall of shame, LOL

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

You got 5 more years than I got out of my Toytecs.

Nicely done!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Yeah Steve they did me well, can’t complain. If I get as much life out of the Icons I’d be happy. Still have a few more things to do but it’s to be expected due to its age. Might have to rob a bank first though, damn parts are expensive.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024