Select Page

Reply To: The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire Reply To: The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

toys-n-yotas
Participant

Mark, I consider the “Season over” when the toys get packed up for hibernation.  For my bike that was the day after the collar bone incident haha.

Evan, if your gauge sender is mounted in the rad hose,  it could be reading the cold side of the thermostat (radiator temp) rather than the hot side of thermostat being fed from the cylinder head (engine temp).

The gauge looks awesome, making good use of the smallest storage space in any dashboard I’ve come across.

I had a cheapie gauge mounted to the steering column plastic cover.  It was out of the way of knees/hands, but still able to read it through the steering wheel.

I believe the rear heater if in stock configuration gets hot coolant from the cylinder head and feeds it back to the block. To be honest, I forget how the front heater is plumbed into the coolant circuit. But I always had hotter and faster heat out of the rear heater, especially after my thermostat failed open in January of 2010. Brrrrr.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
  • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by toys-n-yotas.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024