Select Page

Time for a new ride!

Home Forums THE BACK PORCH Time for a new ride!

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The old Taco is showing her age, so I’m thinking of an upgrade.

I actually drove a Dodge 1500 Hemi all blacked out 4×4. Looked kinda cool, so thought I’d take it for a spin…

Proud to say my GF’s Tundra TRD kicks it’s a$$!

Going to look at a 2018 Taco on Saturday! Not sure what I’ll do with the original Sloweburn Taco yet…

gtilford

Hmmmm maybe a dedicated trail rig??????

cultleader

well, seeing as how things are headed towards folks getting new wheels, im trading in my old ’07 trd tundra on a 2017 trd pro! got the last one available in canada yesterday morning!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Hey Lee. There’s a red TRD Pro sitting at Woodstock Yota! sticker is $59000 – don’t think I can pull the trigger on that one – hence why I’m looking at another Taco.

Steve
    (formerly Sloweburn)

Keymaster

Interesting topic.Im in the market for a Land Cruiser of some sort. The Taco is showing rusty frame syndrome so it may become a long term, trail truck project.

cultleader

you should get as good a trade value for your taco as i did for my ’07 slick! hammer them hard, go in with a well thought out offer and be ready to do the deal right away. i had been looking at this one for a while, ever since i found out they were discontinuing them. it was the dealer demo, 10k on it.

there was another guy looking at it, had been in 3-4 times already and was just waiting to put a deposit on it. no dilly dallying, its mine! he who hesitates missed the exit and is 5 miles out of their way!

ryan, i can look and see if the 60 is still around for you! i took a cursory look at it and it looks to be in pretty good shape. obviously, the front knuckles need some attention as there is significant oil residue around the locking hubs. that could just be the typical leaking packing but the truck was straight and no indication of any body work.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Went to look at a ’17 Taco today and almost came to tears….

Sure it has great get-up-and-go, but the old Taco has been treating me right for 9 years now. I just can’t do it!

So next time you see me on the trail, I’ll still be rockin’ this sick little 4 banger!

Lee, congrats on that Pro – beautiful rig there!!!

Ryan, GL with the cruiser hunt!

cultleader

go get yourself a trd off road, unless that red pro is still there! you will LOVE the tundra!!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Congrats on the new truck Lee! Still rockin the FJC,don’t think I’ll ever let it go. If for no other reason she’ll end up being a dedicated trail rig down the road. Damn the price of new trucks have gone through the roof!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

What are your thoughts on the new Taco Steve?

cultleader

hey kevin! dont get me wrong, id love to keep the ’07 but when donna said she wanted me to get a newer truck, im not letting that opportunity pass me by! we managed to grab a sweet deal on the ’17 pro which made things easy to take.

not many place to off road hear but im on the lookout! see plenty of muddy jeeps around mt pearl and paradise so there are a few spots apparently. not sure if i want to tag along and show them up!

go n show em up lee!!!! hell, a jeep group local to woodstock invited slick to join them on a run….. so they would have reliable vehicle with ’em. yup, too funny

cultleader

thats the way it was when i belonged to jeepkings!! it was all in good fun and i met some really great friends that im still in contact with today. best part of it all, i was completely stock at the time and the tires were pretty much worn out but i still managed to go just about everywhere they did and even recovered a few of them!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Hey Kev – I love the new Taco – I think it had more kick than the dodge I drove (I can’t believe I did that…)! Still feels like the old Taco, but way more power than my 4 banger. Lots of nice options too – like heated mirrors, navi, smart key, etc… I like the TRD grille too.

Lee, I took the TRD Pro for a test drive – it kicked dodge a$$ too. I love that rig – just can’t put out that kink of cash right now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024