Select Page

the knarr

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS the knarr

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

yup, i’m startin’ the build thread on the knarr. for right now the mods won’t be crazy as i don’t want to tie it up for more than a day at any time. some of the stuff i’ve got in mind. in no particular order

1)swap in the seats out of the 4xtra

2)install a console

3)build a roof rack [already designed]

4)pass thru the back window [no front glass in topper]

5)vent extensions [diffs]

6)fab spare tire rack

7)install cb

8)install locker [have choice of 2]

9)better lighting inside n out

10)design n fab 2 removable racks for interior [1 each for wheelin’/campin’ and work tools]

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Mark I’m glad the Knarr has a build thread, plans look pretty stout!

For item #4 I can give you the rear slider window.  It’s part of my freebie pile of 89-95 pickup parts. If I make it to BS meet I’ll bring them with me.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

good plans!

well i’ve sourced a main frame for the roof rack. got a stack of 4’x8′ security fence at work. talked to my boss about it, asked what he wanted for a section. his response “is it for you?” yup, “buy me a coffee” sold!

gotta love workin’ in in small shop!!!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well?  Updates, pics.

@ slick, nope, not yet other than the one from last weekend in “dragon fleet” after my snow blind road tour

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Any work lately on the knarr?

got nothin’ tom, due to work n the f.i.l. startin’ his dirt nap. i’ll have 5 days off over the xmas break so hopin’/plannin’ to get some $h!t done. it’s actually been nice to just be able to drive it without really worrying about it.

well i guess there is 1 small update, picked up a pair of flush mount led back up lights and got the cut outs in the rear bumper laid out. will try to remember to post up pics when i do it.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Glad you haven’t needed any repairs since the safety.

I hear you on just driving something, that wss the relief I got with the Taco 5.5 years ago. Just put gas in and go.  It had been a while.

i’m pleased, like very pleased. for one, this was the first time i’ve had a ‘yota at the m+g since the first sontt m+g , what, 10 years ago.

the knarr held it’s own on the super slab without missing a beat. held 11o-115 no issue. hamilton mountain on the 403 was crested at a buck30. started climbing at buck20 and didn’t downshift out of o/d. that’s a win in my book!!!!!!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Not a bad little rig you got there, next time you’ll have the 60!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024