Select Page

Rock Auto – Core charges

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Rock Auto – Core charges

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Has anybody here bought anything from Rock Auto that had a core charge with it? I am concerned about the hassle in shipping back a core.

I’m looking to buy new/refurbished T100 brake calipers, master cyl, booster (which will have a core charge), but send back my 4-cyl cores in the exchange.  However I don’t want to get burned with no compensation and them keeping my 4-cyl cores.

My local parts shop doesn’t care, as long as you send back something they’ll honour the core exchange.  However they’re charging $100 more per caliper than Rock Auto arguably for the same parts.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve bought anything with a core, my whole restoration was from rock auto. I did break my Aisin clutch installing it and I emailed about a replacement. They said to return the old one and they  shipped a new one without any hassle

My opinion: they sell so many parts that I highly doubt they’ll care or notice that it’s not exactly the same. It will look almost identical and say Aisin on it so they’ll know it’s for that vehicle and not some random car.

Napa is similar they check cores but they don’t oook up part numbers they just make sure there’s something in the box.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Thanks Evan! I see your point, parts guys see so many hard to tell exactly what comes through.  Pass/Fail judgment on whether or not cores are present is a much easier call to make quickly

I’ve bought a clutch and flywheel off Rock Auto for Purple-ee, and some fuel parts for Redee. But never anything with a core charge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024