Select Page

Looking for a truck to pull 5th wheel trailer

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Looking for a truck to pull 5th wheel trailer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dave
    Participant

Close friends of the family are looking to buy a truck that can pull a 27.5′ / 6700 lb (dry weight) trailer. 4 door most likely 4 wheel drive. Gas or diesel. Will become daily driver for husband. I jokingly warned them that there was a possibility that the responses may be a biased leaning towards Yota’s. She chuckled stating that she didn’t want to get any one in any hot water with the gang. Thanks in advance

Toy-Yota
    Participant

How much money do they want to spend?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’d think for that weight and the 5th wheel hitch you’d be required to run a fullsize truck of sorts. Tundra, Ram 1500, Silverado 1500, F150, or Titan at a minimum.  Just a matter of preferance, budget and availability. Personally I’ve never driven any of the previously mentioned trucks, so I really can’t offer up more insights.

My best advice is to test drive a bunch of trucks, and see what fits their style and tech requirements best. And make the dealerships fight against each other for your business. Get printed quotes, and keep them up your sleeve when negotiating.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

If you want it to last, I would suggest a Tundra….  But that’s just me – I might be biased…

Toy-Yota
    Participant

If they’re thinking used, I’d buy a 99-03 2wd Superduty with a 7.3 diesel. They’re easy enough to find for a good price. The 2wd ones were often owned by older guys and have lower km, they’re cleaner because they get driven less in the winter and a lot of them have 5th wheels already. The engine is bulletproof too and the inside is awesome for long trips.

dave
    Participant

Thx folks.  Think their budget is around 25k. have to ask. All opinions welcome and appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024