Select Page

July 11th back road tour

Home Forums MEETS & EVENTS July 11th back road tour

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gtilford

Hey everyone I am seeing up a back road run up north of Shelburne for one and all. Bring the whole family, pack a lunch as we will not be sure of what is open. I want to to do Sideroad 15 and 16 Nottawasaga and River Road by Horning Mill with a stop in Creemore to see if lunch might be available. Maybe visit a couple waterfalls in the area. If you have any other suggestions for roads to visit let me know. It has been a couple years since I have been up that way and I know some areas have changed.

Attending

Greg

at least you have an in for intell for back roads roaming up that way. count me in bud

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’m in – that’s Tom’s neck of the woods, so we’ll see if he posts up!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’m in – that’s Tom’s neck of the woods, so we’ll see if he posts up!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Guys! Sorry I’m so slow to chime in, but I’ve found the map from 2019 Tour, and have taken a couple screen shots of where to find waterfalls in the area you’ve mentioned.

Apologies again, good maps sucks for this kinda thing because I can’t show road names and its where abouts on the map in one capture.

First up, the old Route. There was only one instance where we had to deviate from the map, because a section of road was closed with concrete highway barriers. The first two pictures are the old route and turn list, not very sophisticated.

Second. I have put up a screen shot, and the WF indicates a waterfall is there. although they are on private property, they are visible (and picture worthy) from the public roadway. Following River Rd Eastbound, there are a few opportunities to see pretty fast flowing water, but not really “falls”.

The last picture is just showing how SIdeRoad 15, River Rd, Prince Of Whales and Mill Lane are somewhat situated near each other.

Greg, I think the best way to do this distance planning would be for me to call you while we both look at Google (or a map of some sorts) and I can talk to a few roads that are awesome. Shoot me a text this week, and we’ll figure it out. I am off work Friday July 2nd for stat holiday.

gtilford

Thanks Tom for posting this up as we have discussed in texts I would like to have everyone meet up in Shelburne at 9am to start. From there I would like to start the back road tour, for an enjoyable day for everyone and end up at Hoggs Falls for a group photo and from there everyone can head for home. I am hoping that everyone that turns out will have an enjoyable day, make some new friends and see some old friends since we have all be pretty much locked down for a year and a half. Not sure if you have Gaia or not Tom but this was posted up on Ontario Overland Facebook page a bit ago for tours in the area that we are planning on going to. https://www.gaiagps.com/datasummary/folder/279b1d12-035e-4683-bdeb-1b6dc0a53522/?layer=GaiaTopoRasterMeters

gtilford

So we will be meeting up at the Superburger at the corner of hwy 89 and hwy 10. Plan to bring a lunch along as we are not sure what maybe open.

Zuknewbie
    Participant

Long time no see, I’d love to join you gentlemen on this trip

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

See you guys Sunday!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024