Select Page

Jerome Mine run

Home Forums MEETS & EVENTS Jerome Mine run

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    T4Runr
    Participant

Hey everyone ,

We are in the middle of exploring north of Sudbury for Jerome Mine.  4 of us are on the trip. So far on the way up we had a rear breather malfunction.  pulled over, took it off and cleaned it up, reinstalled and we’re on our way again. We found a great camp spot at an AWESOME lake under the hydro cut. Settled for the night. We started getting on our way yesterday and on our way out of camp to the main trail my CB antenna mount broke from a low tree. Zip ties and  we’re good. we were on the trail for about a half hour, stopped to take some pics on a bridge.  then my truck was dead, wouldn’t start. Turns out my alternator bit the dust. Took it apart to find out the armature and brushes were worn. Reinstall. Got it started and desided to call it. The guys drove with me about 70klms to get me out of the trail. Huge thanks to Jay, Jason Livingston  and Dan Tee. I stared down the 144, lasted about 20mins then it died. Stuck on the 144 with no cell service for about 4hrs. A guy named Lonnie stopped and helped me out by driving into cell service called a tow truck for me. I can’t tell you how grateful I am. An EXPENSIVE tow to Chelmsford Canadian Tire.  Spent the night in a motel. The alt is on order and I’ll replace it in the parking lot. Then head home from there. Wow what a trip for me. the rest of the guys are still on route to find the mine. I wish them the best of luck. 

T4Runr
    Participant

T4Runr
    Participant

T4Runr
    Participant

T4Runr
    Participant

T4Runr
    Participant

T4Runr
    Participant

hey steve, are you guys wending your way south to ardbeg later this week? just curious. enjoy your wanderings

T4Runr
    Participant

No sorry. Jay will be there late Friday night.  That’s it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024