Select Page

im getting too old for this!

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS im getting too old for this!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cultleader

last weekend it was the ’07 getting detailed before trading her in. today, it was the ’17’s turn. damn, those trucks are BIG! just waiting to pull the trigger on the grab handle and pop lock. sliders are in the queue.

have a bunch of stuff coming from action that are scheduled to go on 12/8/17. remote start, tonneau, bed lights, storage bag in the box, vent visors, hood deflector and weathertech mats. almost all the lights are swapped over to l.e.d. now, just waiting for the vanity bulbs, brake, rear cab outside lights and third brake to come in.

i dont know what toyota was thinking when they deleted the drivers side grab handle. some bean counter probably convinced someone that they could increase profits by not putting that in or the drivers side seatback pocket. anyway, the new truck will be done before christmas. i hope.

lee

hey cultleader, may be you shouldn’t ‘ave bought such a big truck if you’re complainin’ about the hike to the drivers seat! but i do hear the trip is well worth it when you plant your foot down on the stupid pedal. we’re still waiting for pics

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Apparently someone needs to start a build thread!

cultleader

mark, ive been a very good boy as far as the stupid pedal goes! so far. the sliders and grab handle will make it much easier to get in and out of, especially for m’lady. you have to make sure they are happy or NO ONE is happy!

steve, pretty much what ive listed is the build thread. ill get some pictures up as soon as everything is completed. the majority of the things are putting the truck to where i had the ’07 with the exception of the sliders. the old truck only had the chrome factory side steps.

the new sliders are coming from C.O.R.E. with custom designed fill plates strategically located at the doors. come the new year, ill be out looking for the local jeep guys to try out some trails. i might have to get a new tow strap in case any of them get stuck!

lee

cultleader

to clarify things a bit better mark, the ’07 i had to use one of those folding step ladder things to reach the entire roof and to get all the hood. i dont have a tonneau on the pro yet so i was able to reach most of the roof from the bed. still needed the step ladder for the front portion and the hood at the base of the windshield.

i could get the roof by standing on the door sills but im somewhat lazy and dont want to have to clean wet boot marks off the sills or vacuum the carpet unnecessarily! my reach for the hood is shy about 6″ even on tip toes. i guess i should have eaten my veggies when i was growing up.

lee

lee, do you still work for that rental company that seduced you out there? if so, just buy some scaffolding n if you get enough, you can make temporary garage also. oh, you need sell it to the head of the domicile….well look dear, you don’t need to clean snow off it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Haven’t seen any pics yet….  what’s up???

cultleader

hmm…interesting idea there mark! id have to go with the type used at bull arm when they were building the hibernia platform, the stuff we have is not sturdy enough with the winds we get around here.

im not sure if i could rig it up to make some kind of enclosed shelter, ill have to ask our sales guys and see what they know about it.

cultleader

pics are coming steve, just have to wait until i get all the stuff done!

so this is a built thread, not a build thread then?

oh, and  about the scaffold/shelter, i’ve got it figured out

cultleader

pretty much!

do tell!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Hey Lee, where did you post up about your bike?  GF and I are looking into getting a couple for the trails out back of our new place….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024