Select Page

FS: 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser Turbo-Diesel BJ42

Home Forums THE TRADING POST FS: 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser Turbo-Diesel BJ42

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Noey
    Participant

Change of plans again…

The rig is back up for sale along with many other parts. See the main ad and the other ads are connected through it.

1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42 Rock Crawler on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1981-toyota-land-cruiser-bj42-rock-crawler/1316339465?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

noey, nooooo, say it aint so man!!!!

or have you gotta fund what looks like house renos goin’ on?

Noey
    Participant

Ya I know, hate to let her go but I had to make a decision. Either spend more money and effort to get the Cruiser to a certain level, but then still be knowing I won’t be satisfied ——— or find a turn key rig that’ll satisfy the appetite. It ALWAYS makes more sense to find a turn key rig that’s already built therefore I’m after a rig that already has a V8, tons, locked, linked, and loaded.

Having said that I think I found my beast! Keep you all posted how it goes!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Sad to here Noel,I know the work and effort you’ve put into your rig. Good luck with the new rig!

hey noey, quick ? have you got any axle parts, i.e. gears or complete 3rds specifically 4:11s? let me know thanks dude

Noey
    Participant

Thanks Kev!

Mark, I do have a set of 5.29’s with fresh bearings and welded carriers. See my links from the main ad for other parts I have for sale. 🍻

mornin’ bud, hey i don’t see any links or am i just too illiterate to figure it out? school me dude

Noey
    Participant

Yes you’ll need to copy & paste the link that starts with “http” and ends in “true” for separate items. Kijiji won’t allow links to be connected by straight clicking!

ok, but isn’t the paste going to make a mess on my keyboard?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Mark, on the right side, click on “View poster’s other adds”

or click here:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-transmission-drive-train/city-of-toronto/toyota-land-cruiser-diff-5-29-gears-x-2/1316342601

thanks steve. i wasn’t seeing the “view posters other ads”.                                                                                                 that saved me from messin’ up my keyboard. haha

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’d hate to see your keyboard get pasty and all….

Noey
    Participant

Thanks Steve.

Ya sorry I’m used to using the mobile ap and Steve is correct as there’s a link showing my other ads. But my link above brings you to a desktop version and doesn’t show my other ads as a link for some reason…

Noey
    Participant

Actually the desktop version does allow you to see the other ads but you’ll need to sign in or register. Mobile apps ftw.

Noey
    Participant

Bump – still for sale!

Here’s a vid of it wheeling: https://youtu.be/4rVuSl9fY2U

Walk around vid: https://youtu.be/l-WkUxT-olc

—————-

1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ42 (FJ40 diesel model)

Currently on Kijiji $10,500 absolute lowest.

Specs:

3B turbo diesel (aftermarket turbo kit), H41 JDM 4 speed transmission (lower 1st gear 4.8:1), split transfer case with Advance Adapters 4:1 gear kit installed. 80:1 overall crawl ratio with current diff gears.

FJ60 front axle with Longfield chromoly axle shafts and inner hub gear. Sky Manufacturing IFS hub widening kit. Spartan locker, 4:11’s.

FJ80 rear axle, full float with Nitro chromoly axles shafts, upgraded axle retaining bolts, Detroit locker, 4.11’s. Factory e-brake custom fitted to work with axle, disk brakes.

Custom fabbed pinion guards front and rear.

TMR anti-wrap bar on rear axle.

Ram assist steering with 4×4 Labs FROMBE hi-steer arms, ARP knuckle bolts, TMR heavy duty steering link kit, high output powering steering pump, ps cooler, and FJ60 steering box tapped for hydro.

Spring over suspension using rear (longer) FJ60 Old Man Emu leaf springs front & rear. Extended custom heavy duty shackles.

Bilstein 5125 series shocks front & rear.

38’s (Yokohama MT – excellent tread left on brand new Pro Comp alloys. Metal Tech full family cage, front metal fenders, nose guard, stinger, and tube doors. Corbeau baja seats with 5 point harnesses, Viair on board air, Warn M8000 winch with synthetic rope (have wired and wireless remotes), Factor 55 pro link. Custom rock sliders. Full Bestop soft top and soft doors. FJ80 master cylinder. Custom rear steel bumper with tire and hi-lift holder. All new brake lines front to rear. IPOR heavy duty skid plate. Custom diff guards front & rear.

This is a fun rig that’s built to be tough. I’m taking a break from the sport that’s the reason for selling.

Selling as is, best offer, no sales help needed.

Open to trades as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024