Select Page

2020 Tacoma

Home Forums CLUB CHAT 2020 Tacoma

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krezz

Not much being mentioned currently but on Thursday the 7th, I believe at 11am est, they are revealing the upcoming Taco.

https://www.cars.com/articles/toyota-plays-coy-on-2020-tacoma-ahead-of-chicago-auto-show-reveal-1420757185848/

Toy-Yota
    Participant

One more awesome toyota I can’t afford. I was at the stealership the other day checking out the 2019 TRD Pro (I think) the one with the snorkel. Super cool

Krezz

@Toy-Yota yah the one with the Snorkel, or as Toyota wants us to say, “Desert air intake” would be the Pro.

I’m torn with the look of the snorkel, but I love everything else.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I want one, but damn $$$!!!

Krezz

@Slick_Yota Think about how much you love your money and then how happy your money will make someone else, like Toyota LoL!!!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

@Krezz be sure to update us if 2020 brings any new engine options. The article posted seemed to think not, but I hope there’s a response to the many choices the new midsize domestics are offering.

The current gen, I’m ok with the exterior styling, indifferent on interior differences.  Only options they added in ‘16 that were of interest to me were the sunroof, power sliding rear window, and locking tailgate.  Nowhere near enticing to start payments over.

A new engine though would be very interesting…(wallet still locked tight though)

The 2.7L is awesome, too bad no regular cab 4×4 to pair it with.

The 3.5L….

ugggh, let us know if there’s any new choices eh.

Krezz

fingers crossed for some goodies.

Not sure what to expect of a possible refresh.

Hopefully its good to hold us until redesign.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Hate to say it but I think they need to take a page out of Jeeps book.

A turbo 4 cyl, a V6 and a diesel. Those are the options people want, and for the love of all things do not ditch the manual trans.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

There’s only a select few of us that would really want that…  and I hate to say it, but Toyota only caters to the almighty $$$.

Americans don’t even want manual transmissions!  I’m surprised Toyota keeps them on board… they trashed it on almost everything else!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

It is true I was watching a video on the new Ram HD trucks and they no longer offer a manual. The guy was talking about all the negative comments on YouTube about ditching the manual and then he said: “if every one of those people bought a manual then they wouldn’t have anything to complain about”

I guess trucks are becoming more of an everyday family vehicle and people don’t want manuals for that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024