Select Page

2003 4Runner may be my new ride

Home Forums CLUB CHAT 2003 4Runner may be my new ride

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Curious, anyone recognize this 2003 4Runner? I’m seriously thinking of buying it, to sort of replace my Tacoma, as its going through a frame swap. My taco is loosing the lift and going back to stock ride height … temporarily. The taco will be out of service for a while. The taco will be lifted again with 63″ Chevy rear springs and a Dana 44 front end, yup an SAS! Until the work is done (hopefully this century) I’m looking for a replacement.

Enter the 2003 4Runner… It sports a 3″ Rough country lift (didn’t look for a lifted truck, but this one is so bonus) 2 new sets of tires on wheels, A/T’s and street tires. It has a bit of rust on the passenger side rocker (Shitty Poo! but what do you do? ) that can be fixed, I think?!. Has a non functioning horn (probably the Spiral cable / Clock spring) and front hood struts are weak. Aside from that the General / Safety inspection came back clear. 222000km on the v8.

Anyone recognize this rig? Kitchener area

03 4Runner

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by 4307.
    Keymaster

The poo. Rusty Rocker. Thoughts anyone?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice looking runner Ryan.  I don’t recognize it.

I can’t help much with rust opinions, but the spiral wire may have a TSB – I know mine was replaced.  Being that both are not working, check the fuse first.  Could get lucky.

Keymaster

Ah! Never thought about a TSB. Wonder if that info shows up in a CarProof report? Gotta check it out. I  should check with Toyota Service counter.

Keymaster

Steve. I asked the owner if the panic button on his remote sounds the horn, apparently it does. I’m assuming if the horn sounds that would indicate the horn, fuse and solenoid work, unless there is a second horn and circuit. I need to dig around the interwebnet.

Keymaster

I was holding out for a land Cruiser, but Heffener Toyota has my frame and they are eager to do the frame swap. Time is not on my side. The Runner is a nice ride, my Taco feels like a true truck compared to the ride the Runner gives. Totally different feel.

Keymaster

Man that spiral cable is expensive!!! $412 for the OEM part $499 installed. Ouch! I found aftermarket spiral cables for $34 usd. with apparent good reviews.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

jesus, that’s robbery!  hopefully the aftermarket is legit!

There’s only the 2 horns (high and low) that serve all purposes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024