Select Page

Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 369 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

As much as I hate to say it, have you tried Royal Distributing? Your bike is newer, so they might have something…
    I’ve never had good luck with them because “old bikes…”.

Nice progress though. My tank finally came in for the SL!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I tried Royal and came up empty, but I really hate their website. Sad to say the paper catalogue is way easier to navigate.

I found a comparable set on F9, just putting an order together now. Fork boots, air filter & oil, turn signals and grips.

Still have to order tires, but I dunno if the rims have tubes in them or not. Gotta spoon off the old tires first, but gotta buy a set of spoons first first. Gonna try to convince Matt these are worthy of “expense-ing” to our kijiji fund. Spoons, bead buddy & filter oil.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Woohoo, I Got the OK to charge some tools for the next stage of rebuild.
    The parts list in the “To Order” column is getting pretty small too. Only have to order the following;
    -Tires
    -tire tubes (maybe?)
    -Battery
    -Chain
    -horn

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Getting close!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looks great! Are you going to give that tank some love?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Thanks Steve!
    My plan for the tank is to buff the paint which is still present (I was wiping it down with a shop rag and the colour started to POP), then clear coat the whole thing. Figure I wanna preserve the character it has gained over 32-years. I like how beat up it looks, but don’t want it to rust through.
    Pretty sure I can Armor All the seat cover back into a semi-clean state too. Might try a little today.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Cool!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today in The Shop, Truckee got an oil change. Nothing exciting, but a little overdue…oops.

Saturday and Sunday in The Shop, James installed a US Offroad whinch bumper in his FJ! I had to leave before the install was done, but all the heavy lifting was done. The bumper fit like a dream, and the welding quality looks really good. His FJ is looking real sharp.
    James also replaced his serp belt and idler bearings.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Bumper looks good. I love that FJ!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That’s a nice addition!
    That thing needs some bigger tires!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

James has two upcoming purchases, skid plates and tires. I’ve suggested *nudge nudge* that he increase his tire size slightly, currently running 265/70-17s. I suggested going up to 285/70-17, to help restore some ground clearance after he up-weights with skids and semi-permanent camping gear install. Pretty sure he’s satisfied staying with Duratracs as opposed to a full M/T tire of sorts. Time will tell. He’s keen try out some tough tracks and test drive his whinch.

Spring thaw, No Exit touring around Dufferin, Nottawasaga, Grey & Bruce counties.
    May 28th – 30th, Ardbeg.
    July 23rd – 25th, Ardbeg.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The Shop has been pretty slow lately, and I blame my new job. I’m working as a mechanic of small engines for a roofing company, they have about 50 Honda powered compressors/hoists/blowers/cutters. The work is good, a little bit of everything to keep it interesting, but the commute is killing me. 90km each way Shelburne to North York puts me in no mood to go adventure driving with the girls, and 2-full tanks of gas a week are hurting my pockets. Plan is to find a different new place of work in the Orangeville area, cutting out roughly 140km / day. I know there’s plenty of commuters in the world, but I am not one of them. Lesson learned!

Since I am seeking motivation to work in The Shop, I did what I thought was best and ordered the remaining parts for my DR600. I ordered tires, tubes, a chain, battery, exhaust seals and seat support doo-dads. Now all I have to do is carve out a few hours to rebuild the forks (don’t get me started), and the rest should be childs play. Fingers crossed I drag my butt out there this weekend.

I also pulled the battery out of Redee to put on the charger a few days. She was right flat, hardly a click on the starter.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Hopefully you find some new work; that’s a trek. What are the bugs like In late may at ardbeg?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Fork rebuilds are easy peasy. No need for apprehension…

GL with the closer job search! I’ve started driving for FedEx part time – pretty good gig!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 369 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024