Select Page

The Turd – 88 4unner

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The Turd – 88 4unner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Toyota Tom
    Participant

Started the front end lift didn’t really get much pictures of that process. But this one I have pretty well explains it..

As you can the the sledge, zipcut and torch came out to party lol  replaced a crap ball joint and got all the lift peices in. Didn’t go crazy spending money on the front end as I had plans to do a SAS in the next year or so.

Lift is done! I have these hood louvers that I have been wanting to install. It’s got the V6 and I know there prone to overheating and popping head gaskets so I thought it would be a good idea to help vent and maybe give it a fighting chance… this truck does run surprisingly well. Haven’t installed it yet cause I like the OG look of these trucks front end and I just don’t want to ruin It lol

couldnt resist going out for a rip and it was great! Flex test!!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Haha such a common sight in our shops. 4Runner on stands, with a pile of Choice A tools (socket, wrenches), Choice B (breaker bars, sprays of sorts) and finally the Effective tools of the primal sorts (bigger hammers and heat)…..all encrusted with weight reduction.

Glad to see your assortment of tools and perseverance paid off!

Those Chevy leafs look super FLEXXY…a mod I’ve had on my list for years but never attempted

Those hood louvers look neat, but I agree on the factory hood for the win. I had to cut out one of the strengthening ridges under the hood to clear my air cleaner, and that hurt a little.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toyota Tom
    Participant

Few pics of the little drove I went on before the body work went under way 

Toyota Tom
    Participant

And then she went under the knife. Time to make it look pretty one last time! Tried to take pictures of the process but I get to caught up in the moment and always forget. I bought some replacement panels I found online. Wolf steel I think it was called.

Toyota Tom
    Participant

There was a ton of bondo on this thing! It’s been repainted once before.

Then we added some cheese of our own to make it looks somewhat decent. I was really in a hurry to finish this truck to have it ready for ardbeg in August so definitely could have turned out better but I didn’t really car near the end, I just wanted to wheel .

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>
    Lots of sanding!

Toyota Tom
    Participant

I did rockers as well but didn’t get any pictures.. and then I found a mint tailgate that I bought of a yota guy out in London. So that fixed the bottom of my tailgate being rotten. Then prime and paint!!

Yaayyyy!! It’s one colour!! I was goin for the quicksand colour that Toyota uses on there newer Tacomas, I love that colour. Dura paint in Hamilton mixed me up some that was spot on!

like the color on that! looks like you’re gettin’ a $h!t ton done in a short bit. keep at it man

Toyota Tom
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve had this truck done since August I’m just posing the build up here when I have a chance I add to it lol I wish I could be this productive in real time lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Lookin’ good on the shores of Ardbeg!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

The hard work has paid off by the looks of it. Ardbeg is still a great spot for wheeling!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looks good!  Did you use panels or bend them yourself?  Nice work!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Guess I missed a few posts….  saw the panel post…

Toyota Tom
    Participant

Thanks guys! @FJTTSE Yea this is my 4th year in a row going to ardbeg but first year bringing my own truck, we usually go 3rd week of August for the entire week.  I love it there, so many cool trials and spot to check out. 

tom, you missed the annual tnortt ardbeg run by a week if you were up there the 3rd weekend. we had the smallest turn out ever since we started runnin’ up there 9 or 10 years ago.

thanks for sharing the pics man

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

@Toyota Tom what have you been working on all winter? Got any updates on this Turd, or the Sapphire?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024