Select Page

Slick's Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick's Taco

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Steve, Heff is doing my frame replacement. I wanted Cambridge Toyota to do the work but their allotment of how many trucks they can do frame swaps was capped for the 95.5-04. I  had no idea dealerships were capped on how many trucks they were allowed to swap frames on.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks Ryan.  I think it might be a bit different for the second gens.  They’re not doing any buy back at all (same with the Tundra and Sequoia).  Just replacing the frame or spraying it if there’s no holes.

How’s yours coming along anyway – done yet?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got one side of the coil overs switched out with a little help from finn.

That collar did not want to come off the housing…

Damn near broke my hand on the spring compressor.  still under pressure, one side let go and the other side caught my hand.  2 hours in emerg later….  no broken bones, didn’t cut the tendon (but came damn close).  5 stitches later, back home and got the right side changed out.   I’ll do the left tomorrow.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Done and rides way better now.  I took about an inch off the adjustment on the coilovers.  Didn’t really affect height, just the ride…

Stopped squeaking too!

Pics – shocks and the f___ing spring compressor:

Shocks

And the carnage:

carnage

carnage 2

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Dang that spot on the hand looks like it would be painful. Glad to see youre making some progress though

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

TCI got hold of Woodstock Toyota.  They are going to install new leaf springs and pay me cost of the springs!

Only catch is they want my old springs.  This is ok for me because the OME Dakars are broken anyway…

They’re going to do the frame check at the same time (decided to take it there, just for ease).  I’m sure the frame is good… However, if the frame needs replaced I’ll have to put stock coilovers in the front – although the service manager said it might not be an issue.  Not that big a deal none-the-less… Lots of guys on TW still have the stock coilovers…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Ouch, that coilover really bit you eh.  Springs and electricity always make me uncomfortable, too much potential energy in storage.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got the springs replaced today – ass end back to stock height (I don’t like it at all…).  Although the ride is much nicer now *sigh*

They did the frame inspection today as well.  Passed with flying colours (I had always spent more time cleaning the frame and body mounts after a run than the paint… Guess it paid off!

I didn’t have time to clean the truck after Ardbeg before dropping it off to the dealer.  They weren’t too impressed about that (good thing I didn’t run the north trail with the other guys).  They made a request that I clean it before taking it back for the frame coating.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Picked up a set of 2″ blocks and bought a set of longer U bolts to bring the ass end back up to proper height with the stock leafs.  They’ll be going in tomorrow…  Driving around with my ass end sagging is driving me nuts…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Surgery to bring the back up to match the front…

Before:

before

After:

after

Then went to see April Wine afterwards:

aw

glad to see the cali stance gone steve. i think the guys that set their trucks up  like that are tryin’ to make em look like a trophy truck accelerating out of the gate. or compensating you know.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

yeah, hard to be a trophy truck with a 4 banger!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Picked up the navi unit Friday. Installed it today.  GPS works great, but I need a mic wire and antenna wire to work the blue tooth and get radio reception.  looks like they changed the antenna connection from the old fashioned style to a connector style at some point…

New to me Navi unit:

navi

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, sold the Navi unit and went back to the Pioneer.  I like having the USB connection right on the radio… and my separate GPS fits in the slot right under the radio.

Keymaster

Hey Steve, how big is your garage?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024