Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Those gold rims look awesome on the ‘89! Glad you’re getting some shop time in, that project looks like fun. Love the subtle upgrades, the T100 brakes on Redee are my favourite parts cause all 3 prior had poor brakes. Having a second set of hardware close at hand on the parts bike must be nice too haha.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks – it is nice indeed! I broke the air adjust knob for the rear shock – just took the one off the parts bike… I love having it! And the fact that it runs like a champ is even a bigger bonus.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’m sure that one knob alone was worth a significant portion of cost of the parts bike.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

LOL – indeed! The tires, rims, brakes, drive gear, rear shock, etc. were just a bonus…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Went for a nice self isolating ride on the bikes Tuesday with M, while it was nice out. Great to be back out on 2 wheels! Lots of other bikes out. Took the opportunity to get a poser pic in the sunshine!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Showing off the new parts in the sun:

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Apparently I’ll have to resize the photo. We’ll have to do something about this,…..

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Impatiently waiting…..

Hard to imagine bike tours, woke up with fresh snow on the ground two days in a row.

My wife and I decided to freeze my bike fund until Covid eases up…. booooo for being responsible…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Ok, let’s try this one. I hate resizing photos… I don’t have that kind of patience…

Attachments:
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got out to the garage today – had to find some lag bolts for a pergola I’ll be putting over the patio during this government conspiracy to put small businesses out of business, exploit government power and control the masses in our new Orwellian Society. Hmmm, I digress….

I actually found the lags!

While in there, I cleaned up the mezzanine and started going through the bags of Concours parts to see if I could find the combi meter for the parts bike. Cleaned up another corner of the garage and ended up finding the part! However the previous owner took it completely apart and effed it up big time… WTF??? Well, at least I found a few more parts that I want to transfer over to the old Connie and got some more of the garage cleaned up!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Woah, I literally pulled “Animal Farm” off the book shelf less than an hour ago before I started cooking dinner. All I had time to read was the blurb on Orwell, and the editors notes/comments on the text.

The Connie is lookin’ wicked. Get a gold sharpie to colour match the piping on the seat to the rims.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Good idea!

When I bought the bike, it was red. Piping worked at the time…

I’m also thinking of tweaking the rear end, so I can put the 2 up seat back on if needed. Whatever I do, still want it to have that Mad Max look to it!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Going to start playing with the 77 KZ750 to get it running. Need to put the clubman bars on it and fix the seat (and get it running) to flip it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Paused the bike work and built a pergola out back:

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Let’s try this again…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024