Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hahaha “carbureted heavy bitch”, comes from a place of love I’m sure.

I was pretty timid on the R6, was afraid to wheelie over so I was pretty gentle first few minutes. The “whoooosh” of acceleration was very addicting, and I went back home before I put more than two snap gear changes together in a row. Topping out third was as much risk my G-license could take haha. Didn’t risk looking at the speedo, shit was already going by too fast.

My buddy who owns the R6, also owns an R1…I’ve turned down a dozen offers to ride it. I don’t trust my wrist haha.

What’s an FTR?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

LOL – “carbureted heavy bitch” is a term of endearment for sure. I love that bike. Have had it for 8 years and won’t sell it…

An FTR is a Flat Track Racer. Look up the Indian FTR1200. When they built the prototype, they made a promo video that really turned me on to the bike. However I would never pay $20K for a motorcycle. I’d rather build one!!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That FTR looks like quite the toy, but $20k is too much. Looks an awful lot like a KTM Duke, or some Buells.

Are there any “rider benefits” of a naked bike? Or just styling? I mean plastic fairings can’t weigh that much, and may reduce drag…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

My Z1000 was a naked streetfighter. As fun as it was, when riding today at -2, it was nice to have the farings blocking the majority of the wind. I took Melissa’s 400 Ninja for a boot today as well, not nearly as much wind blockage… The Ninja isn’t naked – at least it has a little fairing to duck behind when the wind gets to you…

Yeah, I think the naked thing is just a look. As much as I like the café racer look, I still haven’t taken all the fairings off the front of the Connie because I like the wind block factor.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Took the old Connie out for a ride yesterday to fill ‘er up with fresh gas.

A guy in a Chevy Canyon came over and started asking questions about her. Said he could hear me coming from a long way and she looked like something out of Mad Max – that put a smile on my face!

He buys and rebuilds ZX12’s. Nice to talk bikes again! I must have passed half a dozen or more bikes on that ride.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Hooked up the parts connie and the KZ to the battery tenders. Started the XR and took her down the street and back. Time to work on the bikes before cancelling retirement and going back to work.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Cancel retirement?!? Don’t be ridiculous, you’ve worked far too long to give up your “Stay Home with Pay” card.

Glad to hear the bikes are getting some exercise! What year/cc is your XR?

The guy I bought Redee and Mike’s Bigrunner from was HUGE into Kawasaki motorcycles. Must have owned 10 at the time, most of them clean enough to dine off of. Not just eat, but wine and dine. My first ‘real’ dirtbike was a kawi too.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Matt took our RMZ for a 100m joyride from my shop to his shed 3 houses down the street to give the bike a soap&water bath before we apply decals. Unlucky for him, the local police caught him halfway home, promoting a nice lecture. Haha, better him than me.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Man, 3 houses and he got nabbed??? That sucks! At least they didn’t give him a ticket… I ride around the block all the time, but I live outside of town and rarely see police out here.

I love Kawis, but I don’t like washing them (or trucks for that matter). Like my truck, my bike looks well used (not dropped, just used).

Job wise, I found something easy, no stress and pretty flexible. Steady days, so no more shifts…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Haha yea he has some shit luck sometimes. Just a lecture this time. The police station is maybe 200m from our houses, coppers always touring past.

I just love Kawi green. I love Yamahas dedication to ridiculous engines, cramming 5 valves into a 250cc motor. My suzuki has never let me down, but it had a kawi motor in it haha.

Yea I don’t wash mine either. More likely to wash the floors and frame rails than the exposed body panels. As for the bike, I only washed the RMZ in March 2020, after I broke my collar bone July 2018.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

After wheeling, I wash the frame and cab mounts. I don’t bother with body panels lol.

I love that Kari green too! The Z1000 was green, as well as M’s Ninja.

lol – Kawazuki!

Finally got some garage time last 2 days!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I wanted the rims and callipers off my parts Connie put on my old one. Reason being 94 had dual piston callipers and nice powder coated rims… along with new tires!

During surgery, I found the 94 also had larger rotors, so I couldn’t just swap the wheels (like I planned).

Had to replace the fork seals on the parts bike and switch over the whole triple tree from the 94 to the 87.

While I was at it, serviced the steering bearings and switched the left bar controls to the more modern (and better working choke) of the 94.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The old Connie will stop a LOT better now! And I like the look of the gold rims on the black bike.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Took her for a rip and confirmed stopping power much improved!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Started tearing into the back end yesterday. Targets:
    Change rear shock with the improved non-leaking 94 shock.
    Change the rear drive gear (94 is much cleaner).
    Change the rear brake calliper.
    Swap the rotor to put mine on the 94 because it appeared someone was a rear brake rider and tore apart the rotor.
    Change the tire and rim.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024