Select Page

RETIRED!

Home Forums THE BACK PORCH RETIRED!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I worked my last shift at TMMC last night!  I am now on vacation until my official retirement date of January 15th.

Feels good!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Congrats Steve!  Onwards and upwards towards new and exciting things on your time.

How long will it take you to adapt to “normal” hours as opposed to 2nd shift?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Must feel good! Excited?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Very excited!  I don’t think it will take long at all to normalize my schedule.

No more getting up at 4:30am and no more working until 4:15am.

Gonna start retirement with some home renovations, then there’s some people I (used to) work with who want me to do some renos for them…

I’ll take a few month off and figure out what I want to do.  If I can hold off that long – I’ve never been out of work since I got out of school.

hey slick, not so quick buddy, you’re on holidays till january what, 15th? then you’re retired. congrats my friend

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’m nobody So my opinion doesn’t matter but I hate to see people work their entire lives and then be too worn out to do the things they always wished they could do, or go places they wished they could. My parents have both just retired (aside from my dad helping me out in my business) but they’ve been doing some awesome trips and it’s awesome to see.

Keymaster

Wow Steve that’s Great! Good for you!

So what’s the next plan?

dave
    Participant

Congrats as you embark on yet another new adventure. All the best Steve! Hey Mark, have you retired yet. I have shamefully been out of the loop. Hope to see ya guys soon!

holy $h!t!!! the wolf man is alive. no yet dave, they’re actually makin’ book on which happens first, me retire, or hell freezin’ over! yeah buddy, you gotta get out. the bull$h!t sessions are on this sunday evening. be there

hey slick, 5 days to go n the that yoke is off your shoulders!!!!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks guys!  Been into the home renos – working on another room in the basement ATM.

Been playing my guitar a lot more lately too.  And cooking!  Man, I’m actually a good cook – have to be careful…  The dog’s making sure I get some exercise though.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Slick_Yota.

allrighty slick, now you’re officially retar…oooops sorry, retired!!! how was the first day of the yoke completely off your back? congrats brother

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

thanks finn!  feels pretty good – no regrets at all!

I celebrated by doing pretty much nothing all morning – lol.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Congrats on finally breaking the bonds of servitude,deserved I’m sure!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks Kev.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024