Select Page

Redee – 1986 4Runner

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Redee – 1986 4Runner

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 608 total)
  • Author
    Tacoma16
    Participant

I have the dual arb and it’s pretty good at all the things you have mentioned. Can fill my 35’s and a few 33’s before some have filled all four of their 33’s.

Mine is running my front and rear locker, a 2.5 gallon tank (pressurized to 150psi)  and also use it to blow stuff off and what not.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

@Tacoma16, thanks for your first-hand review. Is the dual setup literally that ARB slapped two of these into a combined package?  I’ll have to click through your TW build thread again, I recall you’ve got a sweet setup inside your flatbed/aluminum box.

I’ve never researched air compressors, and wasn’t too sure what alternatives would work in lieu of the ARB unit. Just so happened to stumble across that unit on kijiji, and it seems like the price is right. I know I’ll need a compressor for the rear locker, and would hate to buy that component twice.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

*kijiji details from prev page*

CKSA12

Brand: ARB Air Flow: 19.7LPM @ 200kPa

Duty Cycle: 35% at 72 Deg. Fahrenheit

Hardware Included: Yes

Installation: Mounted

Maximum Load: 100psi

Mount Included: No

Pressure Switch Included: Yes

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by toys-n-yotas. Reason: Formatting
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

How much do they want for it, seems like it would suit you really well.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Asking $200… 400km round trip.

tom, from all i’ve read re: arb compressors, i don’t believe you can go wrong with it. also don’t think that 200 bones is out of line. need someone to fill the shotgun seat when you go to get it? i’d be up for a road trip

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Mark, thanks for the shotgun offer. Biggest trouble I’m having is finding trouble to go driving for 4-5 hours. Got a year-end bonus at work today which will cover the cost, but December sucks for finding me-time to do stuff like this.

I work an afternoon shift next week (4:30pm-1am), trying to arrange with seller a meeting before 1pm.

oh buddy, i can find you trouble enough for a life time!!!! no wait, you meant time, sorry, that’s a rare commodity in any ones world. lookin’ at your before 1pm meet time, i’m guessin’ your thinking during the week, correct? if so, that puts me out.

duh, you did say during the week.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Mark, yea I’m trying to make a mid-week run. Weekends are booked up with family stuff. The Seller is suggesting the week after christmas, I’ll be on plant shutdown supervising my girls. Think the girls and I will make a 1/2 day trip out of it, pack snacks, snowsuits and a disney movie.

that’s cool tom, get the kids used to road trips n you’ll be golden later. trust me, i speak from experience. wasn’t long n my daughters were lookin’ forward to road trips.

have a safe trip my friend

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The girls love being in Truckee, we’re a minimum 1-hour from any family members. So far they’re pretty good for the first 2-hours, but anything further is met with disappointment if we aren’t at Disney. We drove to Florida in January, and set the benchmark for payoffs at the end of a roadtrip haha.

so, have you nailed down when you’re headin’ up to get it?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Not yet. Buddy told me last week he was going out of town, and to try for 27/28th. But haven’t heard anything in over a week now. Ad is still up, so I’m not worried.

I’ll be heading to my local parts store to get a quote on all the brake parts I want to replace before I order online. Try to shop local when I can, but I saved hundreds on the ebay wheel bearings on the BigRunner.

Ordering

• T-100 Brake Booster (1-1/16”)
    • T-100 Calipers (S13WB casting)
    • T-100 rotors (291mm diameter)
    • brake pads
    • T-100 dual diaphragm booster
    • Replacement flex rubber lines Front/rear
    • Stock ‘86 rear wheel cylinders & shoes & spring kit

plan to delete LSPV and install manual prop valve all in one go. Hooray for winter shutdown!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

As for the brakes, the Rear Disk swap and t-case e-brake will wait for “Stage 2”, hopefully come winter 2019/2020. Neither of those upgrades will help pass a safety, so they are a cost I can post-pone for later. Wheel cylinders and shoes are super cheap in comparison, and get me closer to the open road.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

My parents got me a book for christmas to build motivation.

Chapter 6: Cuestas and Valleys. Basically this chapter is written about all the back roads I explore within 45 mins of Shelburne.  I’d have some kind of witty remark about how this author (perhaps aided by the government) must be stalking me, but it was published before I moved to Shelburne. So I guess I’m the stalker.

Mom & Dad also got me a small tubing bender (brake lines and fuel lines) and sand blasting cabinet to keep me busy in the shop. Cabinet may  have saved me lots of grief on striiping pee rust out of the blower motor housing, or allowed me to put holes in it even faster than I did with the wire wheel.  The jury is still out on that.

Time to go buy some blasting media!  And solvent for the parts washer they got me last year for christmas. Slackin’, I know. Mark, this is also why I’m hesitant to grab that lightning manipulator, it’ll take me a whole year to get it out of the box!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 608 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024