Select Page

New Members!!

Home Forums CLUB CHAT New Members!!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Welcome to TNORTT Filipe! Not as much action on this board as TW…. Mostly Tom and I – lol

Vonclicas
    Participant

Yeah, that’s what I am seeing.

Do you know of any group for land cruisers in Ontario?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I don’t know of any boards for Cruisers but if you want to post a build this is a good place to do it!

You’ve got a nice 100 series!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I think there’s a cruiser section on mud (ih8mud.com), here’s a link:

Ih8mud.com

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Vonclicas
    Participant

Tks.

Ih8mud doesn’t have much going on for Ontario trucks either.

It seems most guys Just have their own small group of buddies with different brands, and not very active in the web.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ve noticed that too. Seems most people just lurk and don’t post much…

Vonclicas
    Participant

Are you guys active elsewhere like Facebook? Or u don’t even use Facebook?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

A lot of these guys don’t use Facebook. I only use it for marketplace basically.

Vonclicas
    Participant

Got it.
    Tks for letting me know

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

No facebook here, shut that down a decade ago.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Never had FB. As a former manager at Toyota, I saw too many people get into trouble with it… Didn’t need that headache, so never even looked at it.

However I hear marketplace is better than Kijiji… Can anyone weigh in on that?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’d say overall marketplace is better. Marketplace uses your searches, and what you click on to show you more ads that would interest you. So you can search for something specific, or on your page you can see what FB has picked for you. It’s good in the sense that things that interest you are always popping up, if you’re the type of person that isn’t good at managing money it may be bad for you.

I like it because whenever Toyotas, or atvs, snowplows, equipment etc is posted, it shows me.
    I think people screw you around a little bit less on FB too because their account is linked to their personal profile. So it’s like you’re buying/selling something to a real person and you can rate the buyer or seller. You definitely still get dumb questions and stupid offers sometimes but I find it’s not as bad. I’ve bought and sold a bunch of stuff this year and I’d say 60 percent was from FB and 40 to kijiji.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Cool. Thanks. I might create an account just for this purpose.

Dieseldude
    Participant

Welcome Vonclicas!

I am also a Cruiser guy! I don’t get out too much but I always hope to…..usually something comes up though.

Dieseldude
    Participant

Hey folks. Hope everyone is trying to stay safe.

Just wanted to show you the new addition(s) to the fleet.

I was getting my son’s 1982 Datsun ready to get back on the road after a 12 year hibernation. Found out the engine was completely f*cked – seized and a cracked block. Realized that finding a replacement engine (a Z22 with eight spark plugs) is harder to find than:
    1) The Holy Grail
    2) Jimmy Hoffa’s body
    3) An honest politician. Believe me – this is really tough to find.

Thought about dropping in other motors but found out that is a royal PITA. Eventually found someone selling his 1982 Datsun that comes with a boatload of parts (including a parts truck). Only problem is that it’s located in Kelowna BC.

So my son & I went for a drive.

I believe we have cornered the Datsun 4X4 pick up truck market in Ontario now.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024