Select Page

Kev & Daves Sea Doo adventure!

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Kev & Daves Sea Doo adventure!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Got the Pop-off pressure tester last week did the test and sure enough it would not hold pressure and popped off at 15 psi(between 22-29 with 26 being ideal), so it’s on to a carb rebuild. Needle valve was the culprit so I ordered one and it came in last week and the rebuild kit will be here sometime this week.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Well all the parts are in, now time for the carb rebuild.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Not to complicated Steve, certainly not cheap at $140.00 for the kit and the needle valve. These old machines work great if everything works as it should. Try to cut corners and they give you fits and starts, LOL

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by FJTTSE.
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Well the handle bar cover was in poor condition to say the least, apparently the materials used did not handle UV rays very well and they start to break down over time. Searching for a colour matched one in good shape was a nightmare so I decided to make do and try to work with what I had. Oh and they stink terribly bad, LOL

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

After several attempts to just use the marine vinyl I had left, not even contact cement would stick to the offending rubber. I used some Gorilla tape to reinforce some areas and used some to cover the front.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

The tape on the front was mainly to help with the after market cover I’d ordered from Blacktip. It’s made with heavy duty neoprene and looks great on its own. But I didn’t much like the look of it on the Sea Doo.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Enter my co-worker whom offered to sew me a cover fit over the neoprene. The reason why I did both and not just have a vinyl cover is that the neoprene helps to keep the cover in shape and the vinyl over time wouldn’t do that. She did a wonderful job and I’m very happy with the results, bless her wonderful heart!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

As a bonus she was kind enough to sew up a matching seat strap. Both Dave’s and my seats were missing the straps, apparently they don’t hold up well over time either as they are also used as an aid to getting on the watercraft if you find yourself behind it and not on it, LOL. Dave had some new Kayak strap that he wasn’t using which is the right size and is designed for strength. The extra strap I’ll double up on and pick up some SS bolts and washers make a rear grab handle which my machine didn’t come with yet Dave’s did.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

That cover looks great. Would she do motorcycle seat covers?

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Don’t think so Steve, at one time she did quite a bit of seamstress work. This was more of a favour.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

You guys are making good progress! That ‘90s colour musta been tough to colour match in strong vinyl.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

My thoughts too Tom, yet searching online was a nightmare compared to how I actually did find a close teal blue match. Just went to the Lens Mills store and there it was, on the the rack with about five other colours of marine vinyl, LOL

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Ah, Len’s Mill…. That’s where I found the material to cover my bike seats!

The old lady store has something for guys after all! Now back to Princess Auto and Canadian Tire……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024